Everyone has taken a personality test at least once in their life.
After answering a few questions, the personality test reveals something about the participant. ✨
Engaging, entertaining and above all 100% personalized, creating a personality test is the perfect mechanic to complement your content strategy.
One of the major advantages of the personality test is its ability to go viral. After completing the survey, the participant can share the result on their social networks, encouraging other members of their community to participate. A real virtuous circle! 🤩
Are you lacking inspiration? Don't worry, we're here!
Here are 5 personality test ideas to create to better engage your community and generate virality.👇
5 personality test ideas
Who are you most like?
Many personality tests are based on pop culture, especially with movies and series. 🎬
Why? Because we all have favorite films or series with characters we would like to be like.
A good portion of the participants take the test to confirm the fact that their favorite character is a good match for them and that they have things in common.
Here are some personality test ideas and examples:
- Which Friends character are you most like?
- In which show could you have been the main character?
- Which Angel contestant could you be friends with?
- Are you as wasteful as Serena Van Der Woodsen?
- Which Disney cartoon do you like the most?
- Which Top Chef contestant are you?
Even if this test isn't related to your brand, it's still worthwhile to offer some lighter entertaining content.
Which product is right for you?
Consumers expect an increasingly personalized customer experience. But how do you do this when you don't have a physical point of sale?
By setting up personality tests on your website, you can guide your customers to the point of purchase while qualifying them.
Ideal for retailers, participants can find out in a few clicks which product is best suited to them.
After generating your suggestion, don't forget to integrate a CTA to redirect participants directly to the product sheet.
This will allow participants to learn more about the product in question and why not buy it. 🤑
Here are some personality test ideas:
- What shade of foundation do you need?
- What shape of swimming costume will look best on you?
- Which hair care product is best for your hair?
- What is your ideal height?
- What color will you wear this summer?
- Which style best suits your body type?
Which gift to give?
Giving a gift can very quickly turn from a moment of pleasure to a real headache when you lack inspiration.
By offering a personality test in the form of a gift idea generator, you benefit from a new channel to promote your products.
The advantage of this mechanism is that you can follow the customer's journey to the purchase.
Here are some occasions where you can offer a gift guide:
🎂 A birthday
👩 Mother's Day
👨 Father's Day
What music is most relevant to you?
An artist's communication has evolved over the years. With more and more artist-entrepreneurs and the rise of social networks, they are getting closer and closer to their fans.
Creating a personality test to promote an artist or a new release can be a great way to showcase your work.
Here are some personality test ideas for artists :
- In which city will you come to see the artist in concert?
- Which track from the new album is best for you?
- What time of day is best to listen to this track?
- Who should you give this album to?
- Which festivals do you like best?
Which employee are you?
This last suggestion is different from the previous personality test ideas because it is not aimed at your clientele but at your future employees.
Personality tests are increasingly used by recruiters, accounting for 19% of tests taken during interviews according to the Apec Sourcing Barometer. They are used more frequently for IT positions (24%) and in the banking-insurance (35%) and transport-logistics (28%) sectors.
The personality test can help you to find out more about the soft skills of your future employees and can help you to make the right choice.
There are tests recognized by the professional sector:
- the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) is one of the most widely used personality tests in the world. It defines 16 personality types.
- The PAPI (Personality and Preference Inventory) enables the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate to be identified in a company.
- The SOSIE allows an inventory of an individual's personality to be made, categorized by dimensions.
- the BIG FIVE gives a score to the candidate according to 5 major personality factors.
Would you like to create a personality test? Contact us!